Over USD 540,000 donated to fellow co-operators in Japan
In the wake of the devastating tsunami, earthquake and nuclear incident that took place in Japan on March 16th 2011, the ICA launched a global Appeal to its members to support those co-operators affected by these horrific disasters.
In Japan on 13th July, ICA President Dame Pauline Green handed over USD 540,000 donated by co-operatives and individual co-operators who have responded in solidarity.
We would like to thank the cooperatives in the Americas which -along with a number of other cooperatives worldwide- contributed to this cause:
- Asociación Cooperativa De Ahorro Y Crédito Miguelena De R.L., El Salvador CA
- Caja Popular Mexicana (CPM), Mexico
- Co-Operators General Insurance, Canada
- Federación de Asociaciones Cooperativas de Ahorro y Crédito de El Salvador de R.L. (FEDECACES), El Salvador
- La Segunda Cooperativa Limitada de Seguros Generales, Argentina
- Magna Carta Foundation, USA.
- Ms Selene Caladan - Canada
- Panal Compañía de Seguros Generales S.A. Propiedad Cooperativa (PANAL), Paraguay
- Salmon Arm Savings and Credit Union, Canada
- The Big Carrot, Canada
- Weaving Wellness Co-operative, Canada